Re: Keef vs. Pete & others

Shawn,
This is a good 'fly in the ointment' string that you introduced into this
list.  Especially with the rivalry that has existed between The Who & The
Stones.

I am not guitarist, but I do prefer Pete's rhythm playing above almost all
others.  Keef has come up with some cool riffs, but I don't think that gets
him any points as a player.

Personally, I have to put Hendrix (any version of Spanish Castle Magic)
above Pete.  Here are some other folks I would put above Keef but below Jimi
& Pete:

All of these in the context of the timing of their careers:
Scotty Moore, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly (Keef's godparents)
Clapton (Creem period)
Albert Collins, Jimmy Vaughan (blues)
Johnny Ramone, Steve Jones (Pete's godsons)

Good fodder, Shawn!
Jeff