News from the Web

I found the following information on the web this morning:

Enter the competition to get your free Front Row Who tickets here:
http://www.thewholive.com/  - the competition is now up & running.

I've entered the competition, even though I plan to be in the UK for the
duration for the tour.  If I happen to win, then that's a good enough reason
to rethink my holiday plans.  I chose the location of Houston Texas, where
my wife has family who are always saying "come and stay" - perhaps this
could be the year that we do.

And from www.petetownshend.co.uk :

	The VH1 Storytellers show, which Pete recently filmed in London, will
premiere on the channel in the UK at 11.00 pm BST 	on Friday 28th April. It
will be broadcast in the US a week later at 10.00 or 11.00pm (New York
time).

(Well, we already knew most of that...)

    	The webcast of the Sadler's Wells Lifehouse show is scheduled to be
broadcast by www.mcy.com on June 18th.

On mcy.com is a "Pete Townshend webcast sign-up page" where you can enter
your name and email address and join a bulk emailing list.  No thanks.

	Scoop's release information

	The re-mastered versions of Scoop and Another Scoop will be released
exclusively at www.eelpie.com on Wednesday 19th 	April 2000. The packaging
of the CD's will copy the original vinyl covers rather than being in jewel
cases (similar to 	the recent Japanese Who releases).

	There will also be a limited edition fine art print, amalgamating the
artwork from the two releases, available. The 	artwork will be signed by
both Pete and the original artist Ian Wright and will be limited to 500
pieces. This will 	follow on from the album release.

I must admit I'm finding it quite difficult to get excited about the Scoop
remasters.  Part of the beauty of the original Scoops was the rough edges -
they are only demos, for god's sake!  Someone once said that if Pete farts
into a bucket, then we'd buy the recording (and I would); but now they're
remastering it to sound as though he farted into a gold-plated bucket.

I doubt very much that there will be any bonus tracks on these albums, as
Pete is hoping to later release "Yet Another Scoop", "Oh No Not Another
Scoop",  "I Can't Believe it's Another Scoop" and "Now That's What I Call
Another Scoop" at a later date (which I eagerly await).

Oh, and on the subject of Brian Boitano: I haven't laughed that much since
Pete messed up the lyrics to Long Live Rock on the BBC Sessions.

>> > Don't bum out about it...do something about it! Ask yourself: what
would
>> > Brian Boitano do?
>> >  Cheers                          ML
>> >
>> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  BAAAAAHAAAAHAAA!!!  I haven't laughed that loud
>> in a long time!!!  'cause that's what Brian Boitano'd do'!

>Please, what does this mean?  I'm lost (again)........

Q. How do you tell if someone's a Southpark fan?
A. Ask them "what would Brian Boitano do"?

-MB