I owe Alan 2 beers, Baba knows, a short tale, & a jam

> I'll bet you 2 beers to 1 that TED plays together during 2000.

Alan:

Uh, in light of new information...no thanks. I'll just buy you the two
beers and call it even, OK?

> You know more than me!  I just hope you're right.

Brian:

Me too! But there's NO WAY they're playing in MB (so I have no chance of
finding out)! Perhaps someone at the Baba Center knows.

> Oh, no, I'm not talking about its "lyrics", that are just against good
> taste

Lucas:

Well said! Disco lyrics are against good taste. Can I quote you on that?

> but about the fact that people were thinking that music was
> getting to "pompous" and "complicated".

Tis true enough, Progressive Rock and even regular ol' working-class Rock
had gotten pompous as Hell. Synths, strings, female backing vocalists,
horns...I don't think Disco was a reaction to it. Punk WAS, however.
DEFINITELY!
No, I think Disco was no more than a way to bypass using expensive bands,
thereby allowing those involved to make a lot more money. You know the
story about the Village People, right? Indulge me for a second...the
producer wrote the music and hired studio musicans to play and sing...then
hired male models for the cover. When the LP became popular, they had to go
out and find singers who would fit the cover. True story, and the epitome
of the Disco mentality!

> I'm no expert but the story I heard was this session was a late night
spur
> of the moment jam.

Bruce:

A pity The Stones can't jam like that anymore, huh? Even when they plan it.