Commericalism and a stroke

> Point taken Derick but I tend to keep the Who as one of those groups that
was all about rebellion. They basically can be credited to helping in the
formation of punk in the 70's. That is what the trouble is with all the
commercials in my mind.

Dave:

You make a good point, in theory, but even the Sex Pistols did a "cash in"
tour a few years ago. Also, one of the bad (IMHO) things which happened in
the `60s is the counterculture (which supported the rebellion) was stomped
into the ground by Nixon and those of his ilk. No support, no
rebellion...it's as simple as that. Whenever I think about Columbine I
remember that the passive, non-violent society envisioned by PT and his
peers was destroyed by those who now claim it's the Internet/movies/TV
causing it now. The society THEY pushed, but anyway...

> I don't think the Who's ideals have changed all that much.  They were
> selling their songs in the sixties.

Bill:

A damned good point!

> when I reply (if someone could clue me in as to how to reply with out
> copying the entire version, I and you would appreciate it)

Kevin:

Hit reply, then highlight and delete/cut all of the non-relevent part of
the digest. Usually the deleting can be done with the mere stroke of the
backspace button.