Hollywood Walk Of Fame

I heard that among the various new honorees who'll receive a star on the
Hollywood Walk Of Fame are Kiss and Aerosmith.  Blech.  Does anyone know if
The Who have already been honored?  I mean, as offbeat as the "Tommy" movie
is, it's far better than the one Kiss made years ago.  Plus, every
intelligent movie critic knows that the "Quadrophenia" movie is an
underrated classic.

And other than "acting" in videos, why is Hollywood honoring
Aerosmith--because actress Liv Tyler's dad is the lead singer?

Rich