repackaging material

I disagree with this statement made by Bill:

<<The Who, maybe more than any other band in history, are
notorious for spreading their material over as many albums as possible.>>

Have you looked at the offerings of other bands dating back to the 60s? Who
compilations are no more prevalent than any other band that has stopped
putting out new material. Go look for a greatist hits or best of disc from
any other band from that era and you'll most likely be confused by several
different collections, many of which leave off a definitive song. It's
maddening.
Take the Hendrix catalog for instance. Try getting something beyond the
Experience's 3 studio albums.

I don't agree with it, but the Who's catalog hasn't really been exploited any
more than anybody else, not that I agree with it but its par for the course.

Kentavo

Bill