drummers and women

Hello all,

With all this talk about Who drummers, what does everyone think about Zak Starkey?  He has been the latest "replacement" for Keith Moon.

I think he has been the closest "Keith Moon style drummer" that has been revolving with The Who.  His playing is powerful and he's got his own energy and abandon behind the kit.  Kenney Jones was efficient enough, but didn't have his own "stamp" on The Who's music, like the original four blokes.  I'd have to agree with the poster who stated that Kenney's style was more jazz oriented than the all-out rock that The Who are famous for.  As for Simon, at the time I thought that he was a fair replacement for Keith, however now I'm realizing that while his playing is good, it's formulaic and by-the-book.

So my vote is for Zak, but what do I know about drumming :))

Unfortunately most of the women that I know couldn't even name a Who song, never mind like them.  But that goes for the guys too, although there are a few more guys I know that at least know some of their songs.  No matter to me, I know quality rock 'n roll when I hear it, so let them eat cake!!  If everyone was a Who fan, then The Who would be just another Led Zeppelin....over-rated, over-played, over-glorified.  Seems to me that there are two camps: staunch Zep fans, and staunch Who fans.  (Three, if you count the "Holiday Camp" :))  There's little meeting in between.

Just another girly Who fan, here to provoke some ire!!

Long Live Rock,

Karyn