Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #5

> Plus a store in the area has a 24 Karat gold CD for $30. Tell me a
> reason not to buy this CD!

Brian:

It's not the remixed version, which sounds better.

> sorry for my own opinions

Andrew:

Neither you nor anyone on this list should be sorry to have a differing
opinion, as if you didn't what would the list be like? How about this:

"WN is a great album."

"YEAH! It's my FAVORITE!"

"I must agree with the other two posts. Good stuff on there."

And so on. I can tell you're as excited as I am by this sparkling exchange.

> think this album is just as good as tommy or quadrophenia.

Having said that, I'll give you a dual opinion. I love O&S, as you do, and
I think Brian will like it a lot more as time passes and he becomes more
familiar with the rest of the band's work. He's lucky to have it at the
onset...I had to wait 5 years after I became a fan. P&E is my all-time
favorite Who song, and the real gems on the new version are BDYDI and
Leaving Here. Who music just doesn't get any better than those two.
On the other hand, I wouldn't say it's as good as TOMMY and/or QUAD. IMHO,
It's as good as WBN, though (now that you mention it). Although I must say
when WBN came out, it was the first disappointing Who album for me. Coming
after the incredible QUAD as it did. Little did I know it was never to be
even that good again...