Re: Drug Wars, Starr Wars, & World Wars

>> Taking the Acid Queen seriously?  Some people ate acid with no
problems.

>There are some who are unable to "lose control" and therefore cannot
deal with LSD's effect.

Well, I guess there's bad acid, too.

>> Interesting bringing up WWII in Tommy because that war seems to me to
be in the background of a lot of Who songs.  "My Generation" is sort of
an "up yours" to the WWII generation that was chiding young Brits about
their lack of responsibility  (see the city gent in "A Hard Day's Night"
for a very similar take; remember Lennon's "I'm bet you sorry you won?")

>And Townshend said, specifically about WHITE CITY, that Rock music was
his generation's "world war." The two generations began their clash
there, and it was superfically about hair, clothes, and music but in
reality was about lifestyle. That war goes on today, in the Senate.  But
we will win. They won in the `60's/`70's, but as John Kay said about
this very same subject, it's time for them to: "Move over!" Hey, and
before I get too old to enjoy it! I've never really thought of Townshend
as a "champion" of the counterculture.

More an individualist, I think.  The Who were a pretty independent bunch
(still are).

Think there was a clear winner in the culture war?  I notice Townshend's
writing his dad's music here just lately.  Through some cosmic transfer
of consciousness, we all become our parents.  (Theme from Twilight Zone
plays in the background...)

>Whatever you want to call it...it's illegal to conspire to bring down
the
>head of the US government.

I dunno that it's exactly treason.  Isn't the correct term "coup
d'etat"?

>And no, I joke a lot but not this time. I'm angry about this. I've been
warning people about the Christian Coalition for years, and now I see I
underestimated the lengths they would go to.

May not be the CC this time around.  There's an alternate conspiracy
theory which implicates Big Tobacco as the agent behind the (attempted)
coup.

>This is much like what happened in Germany between the WW's, which
resulted in TOMMY and WHITE CITY so I suppose some good might come of it
eventually.

A woman president?  <grin>

keets