Re: Drug Wars, Starr Wars, & World Wars

> Well, I guess there's bad acid, too.

Keets:

Certainly, but that's not what I'm talking about. I know someone who was
unable to "go with the flow" as they used to say, and was completely
miserable the entire time she was on it. She was unable to "surrender
control." I also did the acid, and it was good (but not great, I'll admit).

> More an individualist, I think.  The Who were a pretty independent bunch
> (still are).

I agree.

> Think there was a clear winner in the culture war?

Not yet, but the fight isn't QUITE over yet.

> I notice Townshend's
> writing his dad's music here just lately.  Through some cosmic transfer
> of consciousness, we all become our parents.  (Theme from Twilight Zone
> plays in the background...)

I didn't become MY parents, at least.

> I dunno that it's exactly treason.  Isn't the correct term "coup
> d'etat"?

Only if they take over themselves (shudder). I must correct myself here;
according to the dictionary meaning of "treason," they certainly commited
treason. The legal definition is probably exactly as Brian said.

> May not be the CC this time around.  There's an alternate conspiracy
> theory which implicates Big Tobacco as the agent behind the (attempted)
> coup.

The CC is behind this one, however that's not to say there are no allies.

> A woman president?  <grin>

As long as it's not Lizzie Dole.