Lifehouse

Hi Everyone,Apart from the fact that Pete could not get support from his
management or anybody else around that time, did he also apparently not
suffer a nervous breakdown right after those young Vic gigs? And if I
recall Pete was extremely upset that the audience could'nt "get it" too.
Kit Lambert,who Pete credits with helping him and the band through
Tommy,should have stuck around and  helped him through
Lifehouse,especially as it meant so much to Pete at the time, Had Kit
done so the result might have been the Greatest album The Who ever made.I
can't stop thinking however that money may have played a part in the
whole scenario.. I think the huge success of Tommy and the resulting
increased royalty checks also went to make Shel Talmy a rich man, it is
not unconceivable that had Lifehouse been completed and released, the
album would have possibly been greater,if not massive and on a scale
unparalelled and again Shel talmy would have profited from having no
input whatsoever. Chris Charlesworth in his book discusses the fact that
for a band with such a long career,their actual recorded output is a lot
less than some other bands..eg. The Stones, and this was apparently as a
result of the breaking of the contract with Shel Talmy. It was probably a
management decision that The Who tour and tour as much as possible and
make their money that way rather than give a lot of it away to Talmy,at
least until they were free of him. Sounds perfectly reasonable to
me.That's also the reason why they became the Greatest Live band in the
world too!  Regards, Derick.

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org