Concept or Opera?

> I would say that Pete and Kit Lambert invented the
> concept of the rock (or pop) opera.  This was in
> mid-1966.

Brian:

Don't worry; we know YOU are the real professor around here...

For the record, TOMMY was released May 23rd 1969, and ARTHUR etc. was
released in October of the same year.
I would like to say to those who have not heard ARTHUR or any Kinks
other than the singles: THIS is (IMHO) their best album (OK, it's a tie
with MUSWELL HILLBILLIES) and I strongly recommend it. It's one of the
essential `60's Rock albums.

> I don't recall ever saying that I was.

McGoo:

No, it was "absurdly educated" I believe. BTW, the English department is
still laughing about that one...predictably, they said it was an absurd
statement.

--

                      Cheers                ML