reissued QUAD

As far as I can tell the reissued QUAD sounds great except that
Roger's voice still sounds distant.  I have heard this is because
the album was recorded in quadrophonic sound and then mixed or
mastered or whatever onto traditional stereo.  I also thought that in
Dougal's book he says the vocals are out of phase with themselves or
something like that.  Pete's voice sounds great on QUAD, new and old.

Am I imagining this?  Was it not possible to fix Roger's vocals?
Were they in fact fixed and I can't tell because I was only imagining
that I could hear the problem in the first place?

Plagued with self-doubt,

Frank in Georgia