"What is your opinion of art?"

>I believe that this argument is a useless waste of time.
I'm losing interest too for the very reason you stated above.  Discussing
the impact of art is not a waste of time; however, art is *far* more
interesting than "reading that tired old rule book", McGoo.

I actually, have some responces to some of your previous posts, but I feel
like I'm beating my head against a wall.

>He said that something's definition cannot be that
>thing.  The argument some of you have taken says that art = art because I
>say it does.  According to this definition I could look the word computer
>up in a dictionary and it would define it as "a computer."  That
>definition is unacceptable for anything, how can it possibly be true of
>art?
Again, I don't think we are all on the same page.  We are not trying to
"define" art or "computers".  You are right, that *is* the job of a
dictionary.

What we are doing is trying to have a conversation and dialog of the human
impact of art.  In this context try thinking of using an encyclopedia,
rather than a dictionary.  You will no doubt find the word "computer" and
"art" in their respective passages.  Encyclopedias are forums of
discussions and dialogs.

Art *is* art because I say.  Art is not a dificult thing to "define".  Art
is any creative outlet of human expression.  If I say art is a pile of crap
and I'm affected by it, then it is!  Simple as that.

Anyway....someone asked Groucho Marx my subject line, "What is your opinion
of art?".  His responce was, "Art certainly is art.  And east is east and
west is west.  And, if you stew cranberries like apples sauce it tastes
much more like prunes than rubarb does.  Now you tell me what you know."
(grins)

Regards all!