John Entwistle Band out west

     Thanks to Beau McCrury for posting a fine account of the two recent
John Entwistle Band shows.  I couldn't help but add my two cents:
     Our San Francisco Bay Area Who contingent (Gad Meir, Beau McCrury, Sue
Barney, and I) got together to show our support for the John Entwistle Band
and enjoy some great live music at the Orangevale (Sacramento) and Reno
shows.  The lads have never sounded better!  Steve, John, Godfrey, and
Gordon are working extremely hard to make this tour a success.  They need
your attendance and I'm sure they'd appreciate any additional publicity you
can generate.
     Steve thought up the idea of Matinee Madness and it's a gem.  Very few
people are aware of this intimate opportunity to see the band in a
one-on-one setting.  At Orangevale, Steve invited Gad up onto the stage and
the band played “The Real Me” as Gad belted out the lyrics (quite nicely I
might add).  After the sound check, all four band members gave very freely
of their time to anyone who wanted signatures, photos, or to share a story.
 These guys are truly sincere and deeply appreciated our being there.
     If you're wavering about going to a nearby show, don't hesitate - GO!!
 You'll be guaranteed fantastic music and a great time.

     Tim Herrlinger

The set list at Orangevale:
Van-Pires Theme
The Real Me