Re Jools and Jim

Lisa wrote:

>The Jools that you mentioned - is that the
>reporter mentioned in Pete's song Jools and Jim?

Nope, the reporters mentioned in "Jools and Jim" are not actually
named Jools and Jim.  I can't remember the real last names of either,
but their first names are Julie and (IIRC) Tony.  They were
apparently pretty well known in their day, but their day was rather
before MY day so I don't know much about 'em except that they wrote a
nasty sort of "Who Cares?" article about Keith Moon's death.  The
reason their real names are not used in the song is because Pete
wanted to give the song the same title as the movie "Jules and Jim".
(An excellent French film which I highly recommend.)  Maybe he would
have thought twice about making those name changes if he'd realized
what confusion it would cause every time anyone mentioned Jools
Holland in connection with Pete or the Who. :)

-Yellow "Did you read the stuff that Yellow said?" Ledbetter