Guitar Poll again

I just got through reading a load old digests from February time, and I noticed a question from N S Boyer <N.S.Boyer@m.cc.utah.edu>
which read:

"This is a new poll for all those Guitarists that enjoy playing Pete's
work.   I was curious to know what you think is his most impressive piece,
harmonically, or technically, or whatever"

Why guitarists? I am a student studying music, and am not a guitarist, and I would argue that I am in a position to assess the harmonic merits of any who song as well as the next man, granted not his technique. Not being rude or anything, but just playing Pete's instrument doesn't give you the ability to analyse his music better than others. In my opinion, Pete's music gets so harmonically advanced, it's almost unfair to compare it to anything else of today (like shit like Oasis - I hate them). I am listening to the IOW album as I write, and in Tommy, he goes through so many key changes, it's amazing Roger kept up!!!!! I guess it's just Pete's natural ability shining through, does anyone know where Pete was educated? Was he trained as a classical musician like Elton John etc.?

"I also was curious to see how you compare Pete's playing to other
guitarists such as Jimmy Page, Hendrix, Clapton, or other guitarists from
the who's time"

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a huge Clapton fan, and he reckons that Pete wouldn't stand a chance - I disagree strongly!

Please don't abuse me, it's just my opinion, thanks.

Paul
paul-swindale@usa.net
ICQ: #4754694