A Stern Note & Led Wallet

>         First of all, I'm SO glad that Stuttering John was dumped from Howard's
> show.

Joseph:

He hasn't been; he's just so high profile now that he gets thrown out
right away. Too bad you don't like him...these were among my favorite
segments. We each have our own sense of humor, though...fair enough.
Daltrey is a friend of the show, BTW, whereas Townshend is not. Recently
Gary told Howard that Pete wanted to be on, and Stern replied: "I'd
rather talk to girls with breast implants." Oh well...I think if PT was
on, Howard would like him. But what can you do? Not everyone is as big a
fan as we are!

> Yes, he is nicknamed "Led Wallet." But seriously, the reason JPJones
> wasn't asked is "THIS IS NOT A LED ZEPPELIN REUNION!!!!"

Ryan:

My question would then be: then why do those awful and embarrassing
remakes of Zep songs, instead of their solo work since the breakup or
all new music? The new material on that album was the best of it, and
the remakes were sad.
The Who, after Moon, made new music. No, Page/Plant are capitalizing on
the Zep legend whereas The Who minus Moon were still a working Rock
band. The same one? No. Still a better one than most of what was around
at the time.

> They ALMOST did break-up right after Keith dying

Joseph:

They had decided to "retire" Moon in any case and carry on, leaving him
in charge of the movie studio. Moon was unfortunately no longer able to
perform on a level they needed.
My thinking on the "break up the band if one member quits/dies" is that
it's not an integrity issue at all, but a artistic one. If the other
members are able to create good music which their fans will enjoy, what
the Hell? Would you have rather they continue with substandard
(presumably even compared to Jones) performances, just to keep the
original four together? Not me!
Deep Purple with current guitarist Steve Morse is MUCH better than they
would be with Blackmore, so...sometimes it DOES work.

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba