Re: John's voice (in my head)

Frank,

>Who was the fellow who saw every Europe show last year?  He posted
on
>"the other list".  Oh yeah it was Bernd.  Anyway he heard from some

>authority that the reason John didn't sing any of his songs was
>because he has little singing in Quad and if he were to sing lead he

>would not be able to drink at all the night before.  Apparently it
>affects his voice.  So why go without drinking if it were just for
>one song the next day?  Apparently it was not worth the sacrifice.

As much as I would like to argue with Bernd (because he snubbed me at
the Milwaukee preshow and darned if that didn't toast my Pop Tarts),
he is correct.  Here is a relevant quote from when John appeared as a
guest in Prodigy's weekly Who chat shortly before the US summer of
'97 tour:

kithfan (Prodigy Member)
How come they don't let u sing anymore?

John Entwistle (Speaker)
Kithfan -- Cause I haven't offered, I guess. I don't like doing
backing vocals, esp. with the Who because everyone else is too
loud for the monitors. And I can't be bothered to keep my voice
in trim just for one or two songs.

So there you have it, straight from the Ox's mouth!

>"Pete's gay!"

He has seemed happier as of late, hasn't he?  Probably that book deal
he closed with Little Brown.

-Yellow "never been so badly snubbed in my life" Ledbetter