Lifehouse and Roger's Voice

Bill (aka "Bill in Delaware") and Rich (aka "Bogie", aka "Waspman"):

> >Your dream has SOME decent chance of becoming a reality, given Pete's
>
> activities over the past decade.  The evidence:<
>
> In my mind you left out THE greatest chance that Lifehouse (at least a
>
> Lifehouse tour) becomes a reality....Pete's unwillingness to except
> failure.
> Lifehouse is arguably his greatest failure to date. The Quad shows are
> the
> most recent example of this trend. In fact, some of the evidence you
> quote has
> this same underlying theme, correcting failures.

I agree; I would be ecstatic about _whatever_ version of Lifehouse Pete
might want to do, just as long as the price he pays is not another
nervous breakdown!  Pete does review and revise his work, and I'm hoping
that he chooses Lifehouse as his next major renovation.

> Several years ago--sometime between the 1989 tour and Roger's "Daltrey
> Sings
> Townshend" tour--I started to worry that Roger's voice was on the
> decline.
> I began to listen very carefully to his singing, both live and on
> studio
> albums, and since 1994 I've decided that he still has it, even live,
> as long
> as he doesn't sing for too long.

I agree with this point as well, as I had four wonderful evenings to
monitor Roger's voice this summer!

--Cheryl