Re: Lip Synching

Rich Thomson:
<snip>
>I thought they just
>lip-synced the versions of Magic Bus and My Generation that they
did
>on the Smothers Brothers Show?

This has nothing to do with your question Rich, but the above quote
reminded me of something that has puzzled me for a while now.  I have
seen quite a bit of footage of the Who on old variety or music
television programs, and most of the performances were clearly lip
synched.  I mean REALLY clearly lip synched.  Even if I somehow
failed to notice that the songs generally sound exactly the same as
the version on the album, there are often dead giveaways like backup
vocals performed with no microphones.  So I have to wonder: were
people in the 60's so naive that they didn't notice that these bands
on television were just miming along to their records, or did
everyone know and just not care?  Does anyone remember?

-Yellow "I don't even like lip synched music videos, but what can ya
do?" Ledbetter