Re: MCA vs. EMI, etc.

>>TKAA had damned well better include the live JT/MG/MG Blues segment on
>it this time, but of course if it does there'll be no room for more>Sad,
isn't it, the peabrains that these people have>>

According to a piece in the Dec '97 issue of "Record Collector", the new
Odds & Sods will mark the end of the Who reissue program.  Apparently,
Polydor and Trinifold (The Who's management) have lost all interest in
further releases.  They've put the kabosh on a cd of B-sides compiled by
Entwistle and Astley, which is too bad, since this would have been a  nice
way to round-up all the odds and sods which won't be on the new Odds and
Sods.  By the way, it seems that it's Polydor, not MCA, who insisted on Odds
& Sods being re-issued as a single disc only.  Furthermore, they've
supposedly shown no interest in putting out either the Who's BBC material or
the long-rumored live boxed set.  Forget the My Generation album or TKAA.

>Hadn't heard of the alternate AAA >

The only thing alternate about it (to my ears, anyway) is Daltrey's vocal,
which is completely different.  It was released only in France, I believe,
but has since shown up on a couple of different bootlegs.

here have a complete track list for ODDS?  I'd like to see "Dr.
>Jekyll & Mr. Hyde" on it, plus maybe "Instant Party" (Talmy's
>version--I know, I know, it won't happen) and the live "Baby
>Don't You Do It".

So would I, but, like you say, it's not happening.

>>I also compiled an imaginary 5 disc live boxed set of unreleased
>material...once again, of the material I know exists. It seems that
>every Who tour from 1968 on was recorded.
>That's a dream that I think will never become reality, sadly

Oh, I think it will, I just hope I live that long.
;
>Oh, and I forgot Columbia, which has done fairly well by
>Dylan but not as well as it could have--whatever has happened
>to the promised BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 4 and on?

VOL. 4 was to include Dylan & The Hawks legendary show from Manchester '66,
but some enterprising soul went and stole the master tape from Sony,
supposedly.  This has since turned up on a superb 2cd bootleg entitled
"Guitars Kissing and the Contemporary Fix".  Let's hope the bootleggers come
through in a similiar fashion with further high quality live Who releases,
such as Live At Leeds Complete.

Buck