Re- harDCore

I live in DC, where the term "sell-out" is defined in everyone's birth
certificate. Homeboys Fugazi won't play anywhere for more than $5, and
while they do play large venues (as opposed to small clubs) they don't
play LARGE venues, if y'know what I mean. They also don't have huge
road crews to pay, or lighting to rent, or manison to finance, etc. As for
radio play, I think bands do get a puny royalty every time their song is
played on the radio; I recall Sting >shudder< got some check after they
played some song of his for the millionth time. How that constiutes a
sell-out, I don't know. It's a benefit for the musicians who are trying to
devote their time to their music, and god knows a little money wouldn't
hurt. -E