not Stonesed

Oops, I think I just accidently sent an incomplete post. Sorry...

But as I was saying, for those who say there's no call to bash the
Stones, how about the sorry tratment Keith Richards gave the Who (and
in particular Pete) of the PBS rendition of TYMR&B? That sort of
bitchy pretentious belittling of the Who's REAL talent seems to
concur with the theory put forth on this newsgroup that the Stones
chase the media because of their artistic insecurity. Who cares if
the Stones are old or not? They're cheesy, and if it weren't for the
fact that their material gets way to much air time, it would be
completely impossible to remember specific songs they've done. It is
sad how the media and the rock world attacks The Who and exhalts the
Stones. I'm sure the media would be nicer if Pete was a little pansy
sell-out boy (like the members of a certain band I needn't mention
here again) who bent over both to the trends of pop music and to
the aspects of society and government that Pete so vehemently
detests. Even in Face Dances and It's Hard where it sounds like The
Who were trying too hard to sound like an 80's band, the actual
content of the music was still IMHO refreshingly original and
excellent.

Still, I got a great laugh to hear Keith Richards complain about not
being black in one of his recent interviews.

- -Hart Deer