A Couple of Neat Things

I had to tell someone since no one else in my circles gives
a rats patootie but I was able to acquire a couple of old
records over the weekend.

One is the vinyl version of Tommy, the one with the silver
pinball on the cover.  This of course is the one that's
performed by the London Symphony.  I remember buying it by
mistake when it first came out thinking I was buying The
Who version and being very disappointed.  I had forgotten
however that it has alot of really neat art work inside.
The cover itself is quit tasteful, and inside there is a
separate jacket for both LP's that when unfolded resembles
the part of the pinball machine where the balls all fly around, plus a
really neat book inside with additional artwork and a rendition of the Tommy
story.  For $5.99 I
was happy to have a copy back in the collection.

The other neat treat was finding a copy of The Secret Policemans Ball.  Very
good rendition of Won't Get Fooled
Again by Pete, accoustic.  Overall a pretty entertaining
album.  And yes, that is John Williams the classical guitar
player and not the X-Boston Pops composer of such things as
the Stars Wars music.  It lends an interesting contrast
from Pete's accoustic rock playing.

Anywho, it was fun finding a couple of neat old affordable
Who things over the weekend.  I just had to tell someone.

Beau 'I want that thing' McCrury