Re: Ringo vs. Zak

In a message dated 97-09-06 02:59:33 EDT, MHurwitz@compuserve.com
(Marc/Carolyn Hurwitz) writes:

<< Check out "Rain", the B-side of "Paperback
 Writer".  His performance is incredible--a lot like Moon's style, in
 fact!  >>

I can agree whole-heartedly with that one; even though I'm of the opinon that
Zak is better than his dad. The drumtrack on RAIN contains the best Moon
impression since Mitch Mitchell.

<< I still think Keith was THE greatest drummer, but I don't think
Zak is better than his dad was when his dad was with the Beatles. >>

I think Ringo was a decent drummer at best during the PLEASE PLEASE ME to
RUBBER SOUL period, but then really started to blossom, especially during the
LET IT BE years. A big part of that could have been McCartney, as he tried to
be a musical arranger for many of the Beatles' songs. He might have, let's
say, stifled him a bit. Ringo never showed his true talent in those early
years, but Zak, on the other hand, is showing off everything he's got.

- -Mike