Re: the Who vs. the Stones

Hello all -

I have been reading everyone's take over the last month about who they like
better or who they think is better.  The Who or the Stones.  Well I like a
lot  of the Stones songs and I am the biggest Who fan.  But I think they are
like apples and oranges.  You can't even begin to compare the two.  While the
Stones have some good songs that almost everyone likes, you can't say that
they play better than the Who.  In concert or not.  The Stones drummer
doesn't even drum.  I forgot his name.  Nobody can ever match Keith's
ability. You can't get a better bassist than Entwistle and nobody in rock and
roll history is like Pete. In all the Who books and CD inserts it always says
the same thing.  They are the greatest rock and roll band in history.  And
it's true.  A lot of the Stones stuff is just hype so they will keep touring
and make more money than the last tour.  But to try to  compare them is
ridiculous. I am not trashing the Stones because I do like them.  But they
can never reach the Who's standards as far as I am concerned.  And one more
thing.  Mick can't even sing !  And I just want you all to know that I
 wanted to go see the Stones just to see how they are in  concert.  But I saw
the opening night and I wasn't too impressed to go run out and buy tickets.
 Would you ever say that about the Who.  I think not.

PLEASE TOUR AGAIN ....

Gloria