This supposed qualitative study verging the Stones and the Beatles

In regards this professor's findings, I would have to say that he is full
of utter bullshit, if you'll excuse the phrase.  So what if the Beatles
didn't stay strictly to R&B.  Who is to say that African originated music
is any better than Anglo-inspired music. The Beatles, if anything, made
music more interesting.  They took what was getting to be pretty boring
material, and stretched it beyond the current time's imagination.  They
incorporated orchestras, were both melodic and hard, and wrote lyrics that
still can't be touched by most musicians today.  The Stones may have stayed
more "true" to R&B, but that didn't stop them from first trying to rip off
Pepper with Satanic Majesty, or whatever it's called.  After the critics
trashed them, they meekly turned back to their "roots" as this so called
professor calls it.

As far as I'm concerned, this "expert" can get bent and piss off as Lennon
would say.  He obviously is too blind to see all the great works the
Beatles produced, whether it be before or after Pepper.

Angrily Yours,

Jennifer Fox