A message from Steve Luongo

I just got a reply from Steve Luongo to some questions I had about the
upcoming  "The Who In November."  Not only did he take the time to answer
my questions but he sends the following message to all:

The CD ["Vanpires"] should be out early next year and a tour WILL follow.
We are starting a 2nd album in about 4 or 5 weeks (a scoop) which no one
knows yet so you might as well be the one to tell everyone.  John & I
just
finished writing the 1st song for the new CD and it's a killer. I have
included the bands press release for Van-Pires below.

Good Luck, All My Best,
Steve Luongo

10/9/97

The John Entwistle Band has brought a unique new sound to rock music with
their new recording.

¨  The man known as the best rock bass guitarist in the world has just
completed a new soundtrack album for the animated / live action series
called
“Van-Pires.”   Entwistle and drummer Steve Luongo co-produced and
orchestrated the entire recording which was engineered by Who veteran Bob
Pridden.  The 14 song soundtrack was composed by Entwistle and Luongo
along
with guitarist Godfrey Townsend and keyboard player Alan St. Jon.  The
entire
band shares the lead vocal spotlight and the background harmony tracks
are
superb throughout the recording.

¨ The album features remarkable vocal & guitar performances by the
legendary
Leslie West of Mountain and well know rock star Billy Squier.  Leslie
West
shines on  “Don’t Be A Sucker.” Mountain fans will hear Leslie use his
unique
and colorful vocal style to tell a story about street hustlers.   He also
contributed an incredible lead guitar track as only Leslie West can.
“Rebel
Without A Car” captures the essence of Billy Squier’s rock persona.
Squire
belts out a kickin’ vocal and adds guitar support to this highway anthem.

¨ Also included in the track list is a  never before heard performance by
The
Who’s late drummer Keith Moon.  Moon’s drumming is phenomenal on this
Entwistle composition from the 70s which was completed in 97 for this
project
by Entwistle and his new band.

¨ John Entwistle’s bass playing is at it’s best.  His talents are
displayed
in several solos and rhythmic exchanges with drummer Steve Luongo.
Entwistle
continues to confirm his status as “the best there is.”  John is also
featured as a strong lead vocalist on several tracks and his writing is
clever and inspiring throughout the soundtrack.

¨ Drummer Steve Luongo completes what he describes as “the most furious
rhythm section in rock & roll.”  The interplay between Entwistle and
Luongo
is tremendous and showcases the talents of two seasoned musicians.  Steve
Luongo is a very capable vocalist and an exceptional drummer.  Entwistle
says
“ we push each other to play beyond our limits.”

¨ Godfrey Townsend used several guitars from Entwistle’s well known
vintage
collection to create incredible 6 and 12 string textures.  His leads were
mostly done on his favorite PRS guitar.  They are sharp and innovative.
 Godfrey is a very gifted musician who also shows off his vocal and
writing
skills on this album.

¨ The group is rounded out by veteran keyboard player Alan St. Jon.
Alan is
a talented musician who also wrote and sang throughout the soundtrack..
His
classical background coupled with a contemporary rock style add just the
right element to this four man power house.  Alan also demonstrates his
proficiency on the Hammond B3.

Using state of the art technology producers Entwistle and Luongo blended
rock and roll whirlwind with intricate orchestrations.  The result is a
unique collection of songs with lyrics that will inspire the mind and
musicianship that will inspire the soul.