Pointless?!

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Galen complains:

> I dig the Stones but your missing the point here.  The relentless hype and
> media blitz shoving the constant, annoying notion that the Stones are the
> Worlds Greatest Rock n Roll band down our throat is such obvious bullshit.  I
> resent the misrepresentation, the crap....The fact of the matter is comparing
> the Stones and the Who is not like comparing apples and oranges...you see,
> Bryce, the Stones don't really fit at the same level as the Who from a live
> band perspective.  So it is completely lazy and ill-informed to say they
> compare.....they can't, they never have.
> Galen

Well, all I can say to this is you have your opinion and I have mine.  I
respect your opinion; hopefully you can come to respect mine.  I guess
what I'm trying to say is that since there's no quantitative way to
*prove* that one is better than the other, anything anyone ever says is
opinion and not fact.  Just expressing my lazy and ill-informed opinions
again!

To everyone else around here, I'm not one to start any wars, so I guess
since there are people getting this riled up about it I'll drop this deal
altogether.  Catch you all later!

Bryce