Re: Quad the movie

In message <199705061858.OAA25336@einstein.exa.com>, Ken Traub
<kt@exa.com> writes
>My recollection is that the error was even more egregious: the album cover
>they showed was the cover of the MCA double issue which paired My Generation
>and Magic Bus.  It's been a few years since I saw it, but I remember that
>sticking in my mind.

I believe it was A Quick One/Sell Out.

Alan Fletcher, consultant for the film version of Quadrophenia elaborated
on this when criticised 18 years ago.  He stated that it was a tip of the hat
to The Who.  For instance, of the party scene:

"A certain amount of poetic licence has been exercised.  We are aware,
for example, that 'My Generation' was not recorded until 1965 (the film is
set in 1964).  However, in this and other cases, the particular song was
used to illustrate some part of the myth created by and around the mods,
and there seemed no better way of illustrating, recreating and remembering
that 'myth' than material now accepted as central to it".

- --
Gary L