Drummers...

Bill:

As regards your question on Bonham vs. Moon I would say that that Monn was
the better early drummer on but Bonham was clearly better than Moon from
about '75 on.
Their styles were so different it's tough to make a clean comparison; Bonham
sound came from underneath along with great snare work while Moonie was
obviously an "over-the-top" guy.  Moon's unimaginative rolls and fills became
very tiresome and hard to listen to near the end though.

As for the recent discussion of KJ,  let's not forget he was chosen as Moon's
replacement because of his longstanding role as Moonie fill-in and his
British heritage not because he was the best in '78 - he wasn't.  As other
writers have said, (in response to the question of who was better than KJ in
'78) Collins was better -and as we all know, wanted the job - Neil Peart was
demonstrably better along with Steve Gadd, Jim Keltner, Bill Bruford, Charlie
Watts, Stewart Copeland and many others.

JJM