Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #61

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

[Entire stinkin' Digest #60 -- 350 lines or so -- deleted] followed by
this gem:

>                                               </color> .
>                                               .\\
>                                 D E A K I N  .\\\\  A U S T R A L I A
> Jason Cliff                            Internet: cliffj@deakin.edu.au
> Computer Support Officer                       Voice: +61 3 9244 5066
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and a damn good one, too, obviously, who will be even better when they
cover "trimming one's posts" and "actually saying something" later in
the semester.

> My favorite Who song is
> The Dirty Jobs from Quadrophenia....simply love it.

I trust/hope you saw the special treatment it got last summer with
Simon singing it.

> hey,  I'm new here so forgive me if I come across as being a little behind.

No problem, I'm a big behind, myself.

> just finished my first reading of "Behind Blue Eyes" the book about Pete's
> life. I say my first reading because there is so much information in it that
> i could not retain it all. If anyone has any comments please let me hear
> them. I thought that it was well written but how do we know what is true? Did
> Pete have any say at all as to what went into the book? HOW DO I KNOW? Anyway
> please respond.                                                          KATE
>
> ------------------------------

I'm running a contest to see who can find the most errors in it.
AFAIK not only did Pete not have much (any) input into it but no one
else closely involved in The Who did, either.  Look at the list of
interviewees/sources in the back.  I only recognized two out of about
30 names, and one of those was a Hindu priest.  Prior to this,
Giuliano had written more than 20 books about various rock stars
(cf. www.amazon.com).  He seems to combine Steven King's volume with a
tabloid's accuracy.

> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 19:40:10 -0500 (EST)
> From: Gerald Andrew Fabris <gaf12@columbia.edu>
> Subject: AQO & Cousin Kevin
>
> Hi Who friends-
> I don't own the box set, but I've heard parts of it.  I believe this
> version of A Quick One is newly re-mastered combination of the original
> studio version and the R&R Circus live version.

In answer to an earlier query, Bruce Kawakami, historian deluxe,
informs me they did three takes of "A Quick One" at the Rock-n-Roll
circus.

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media       P O Box 684189       Austin, TX   78768