Re:Upside down

>Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 Drew Atkinson wrote:
>Subject: Upside down
>
>OK,
>Ive got a recording of a Beatles song, Two of Us, near the end of the
>beatles career. I noticed that Paul was playing his acoustic upside
>down, now who does that sound like??? I just would like to point that
>out since the Beatles claimed to make Jimi Hendrix by discovering
>feedback.

 You are clutching at *very* thin straws here,Drew.McCartney played his
acoustic upside down for the same reason that Hendrix played his
Stratocaster upside down.That is,because they were both left handed,and left
handed guitars were not very common in the 60's.In fact,they're still
not.Walk into a guitar shop and see how many right handed instruments there
are compared to left handed ones.In both McCartney and Hendrix's case,it was
easier to restring a right handed instrument for a lefty,with very minor
modifications to the nut and bridge.The Stratocaster also lends itself well
to this type of switch over,as it has a double cutaway,whereas some other
guitars (like Les Pauls) do not.

                           Long Live Rock,

                                  I.S.

 BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!