Re: Feedback once again

> I just would like to point that
> out since the Beatles claimed to make Jimi Hendrix by discovering
> feedback.

Drew:

Uh...

> Another thing, the beatles claimed to discover feedback, no, they weren't
> the first to discover it, they were the first to use it

    ...no they weren't. They actually CLAIMED this?
It's down to three possibles: Pete Townshend, Jeff Beck, and Dave
Davies. All of them were using it before Lennon. PT was the first to
control it, though, as far as any records have shown.
The Beatles were the first to RECORD it (1965), but that really doesn't
mean squat. I mean, if I had the biggest band in the world and saw an
unsigned band do something new, and I recorded it...what would that make
me, other than a thief? Especially if I then claimed to have discovered
it by accident? Not to diminish the Beatles' work, but the truth is the
truth.
A few weeks back we established that The Who (as The High Numbers)
opened for The Beatles about 3 months before Lennon recorded the song (I
Feel Fine) with feedback. What a coincidence...right? And this was also
(another coincidence?) about a year before Hendrix was seen using
feedback.
How many coincidences does it take to make it so? Hendrix was a better
lead guitarist than Townshend, but let's be realistic...Pete was the
King Of All Feedback.

BTW, apologies to Kevin for the earlier note calling him "Brian." All I
can say is that it was early in the morning (for me).

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend