Re: What if

>Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 JB2TheWho wrote:
>Subject: Re: What If

>I presume that this is common knowledge, but the day Keith died, Phil Collins
>called PETE and begged for the job as the new WHO drummer!

 Phil Collins didn't "beg" for the job as The Who's drummer.He phoned Pete
and said that if the band needed a drummer,his services were available.Pete
in turn said thanks,but Kenny Jones had already been chosen for the position.
 I'm not much of a Genesis fan,and I like Phil Collins solo material even
less.*BUT*,the guy is an excellent drummer,and I personally think that he'd
have been a much better replacement for Moon than K.J. (just so long as he
didn't write any of the band's material).

                             Long Live Rock,

                                   I.S.

 BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!