Re:Spruce Bedspring (No Who)

>Date: Fri, 13 Jun 97 David Kipp wrote:
>Subject: Re: Spruce Bedspring (Non Who)
>
>Are you only familiar with Bruce's recent movie sound track stuff? The guy's
>been a great song writer for years.  Bruce and Madonna?

 Yeah,I'm familiar with Springstein's movie soundtrack stuff,and I hate
it.The guy writes loads of dull,maudlin dirges that bore me to tears.As I
said before,the guy has written a handful of good songs,like "Born To
Run","Jungleland",and "Blinded By The Light",but I don't consider him to be
in the superstar catagory by any standard.Obviously you're a Springstein
fan,so my opinion isn't going to change your mind (nor should it).But keep
in mind that noone else's opinion is going to change my mine either.I'm not
into the guy's music.I find it dull.I consider him overrated.I own one album
(Born To Run),and it's the only one that I'll probably ever own.Yes,I've
heard others.At various times I've bought others on the recommendation of
friends,and ended up getting rid of them later when I found that I didn't
like them.Bruce and Madonna?Yeah,they're both a hype.When Springstein came
out with "Born In The U.S.A." it was rammed down our throats by everyone
from MTV to Ronald Reagan.You couldn't escape it,and the myth became bigger
than the man or his talent,just like Madonna.

                                Long Live Rock,

                                      I.S.

 BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!