Power chords and In The Who Style

Hi WhoFans,
	Just on the posts re power chords - excuse my ignorance but I thought that
"power chords" did not refer to the guitar distortion but how the chords
were formed - i.e. usually open chords with ringing tones from the
untouched strings and additional harmonics plus the extra root note that
gives the chord a beefier sound.  How would I know, I'm a bassguitarist -
but maybe there's a guitarist out there who knows.
	When I saw the Who in Sydney in 1968 (poor us - they never came back
'cause they were not treated too well - especially in New Zealand) I heard
their version of Summertime Blues for the first time.  I remember Rog
referring to a studio version of this released on an album called 'In The
Who Style' - there were lots of discs around at the time called "In The ???
Style".  Anyone heard of this one?  Anyone heard a studio version of SB?
	And anyone know the story behind the two studio versions of "I'm A Boy"?
They are quite, quite different with one being in stereo the other mono.
	In their '68 Aussie show they used borrowed equipment and sounded quite
tame as a result - same as in Monterey.  They were supported by The Small
Faces - never heard a louder band before or since.  They each had 3
100-watt Marshall stacks.  Had to hold my fingers in my ears.  Now, I
wonder why they wouldn't lend their stacks to The Who?!

Neil Hunt