Re: Pete's Chords and Mike's drums

In a message dated 97-07-13 09:31:12 EDT, YvesPierre@compuserve.com (Duquesne
Yves-Pierre) writes:

<< Do you mean drums are easier than guitar ? I thought not.

Yeah, I thought drums were easier than guitar. I'm impossible on the guitar,
I can't play anything, not even the "easy" stuff. I picked up drums fairly
easy.

There really aren't "notes", per se, the individual drums are printed on the
different lines of the staff. That is, if your playing on a drumset. If you
are in a marching band, there are usually different parts for the snare,
bass, cymbals, and quads. There aren't really notes that you have to learn,
it's more rhythms. Since drums don't have distinct tones to them (with the
exception of tympanis), drum music is easy to sight read, as long as you have
counting rhythms down to a science. I always though memorizing what note was
on what line in what key was really hard, but maybe I'm alone....

- - Mike (DayTriper1@aol.com)

"I went back to my ma,                                       "Imagine all the
people,
 Said 'I'm crazy, ma, help me!'                              Living life in
peace."
 She said 'I know how it feels, son,                                 -John
Lennon
 Cuz it runs in the family.'"
                                              1940 - 1980

- - Pete Townshend, "The Real Me"    The WHO--->