PT and guitar

I don't know if PT is better than Jimi Hendrix (in fact, I know !).
For me it's like comparing apples and pears. Both are fine.
But he's a fabulous rythm guitar player. =

Nothing compares to him when he send his power chords
out of his 3 stacked 100 w. Hiwatts. Yes, some guitarists are now louder
than PT but who was like him in the sixties?
I've heard that the Who were the first to play very loud in their shows.
Jimi did the same when he became famous in England (in mid 60's)

PT said =

    'The guitar for me has always been an engine, =

rather than a voice. It's wonderful when people can link it to a voice,
give it the feeling that it's actually unveiling something from the soul.=

It's a great achievement to allow your playing to speak where =

chords won't do. I love hearing that speaking guitar, wether it's
jazz or blues, but for me, the guitar is a rythmic engine. It's a chord
machine that goes in the background and drives the whole thing'

Yves-Pierre

'L'art est un mensonge qui  nous fait prendre conscience de la realite'
Pablo Picasso