Re: Athena lyrics...again

> No,it is "bomb".Back in the 1940's this was quite a common expression
>describe an attractive girl."She's a bomb" or "She's a bombshell"
>meant the
>same thing then that "She's a fox" or "She's a rocket" meant in later
>years.

I had forgotten that in 1970, The Who was delayed in getting to my town
when Pete, describing the "Live At Leeds" album while waiting for a plane
at the Memphis airport, called it a "bomb."  He meant it was doing very
well but the security guards thought he meant something else and several
body cavity searches later...

It must be confusing to a Brit in America when we describe a movie or
album as being a bomb meaning it is no good.  Maybe in this song it is
something like our term "bombshell."

Also calling Athena a "bomb" ties the song, albeit only slightly, to the
album's anti-nuclear theme.

				-Brian in Atlanta