Pete Knows Own Songs?

In the last letter someone wrote that more than likely Pete knows the
songs, because he wrote them.  This is not entirely true.  I simply mean
that over a career of over thirty years it may be possible that much of
his older stuff may be running together in his head.  This is not uncommon
in the music industry.
I read an interview with Keith Richards from the Stones, where he was sitting
in the back of his Limo and heard a song that he really liked.  He asked his
driver to turn up the radio, and after the song he asked his driver what the
name of the song was.  His driver turned and looked at him and said, "You should
know, Mr. Richards, you wrote it."
When I took piano lessons, I could memorize a song for a recital, and know it by
heart, but I always took the music on stage with me, simply because sometimes, I
may remember the wrong song.

I also read somewhere, that 9 times out of ten, any musical group on stage has
song titles, guitar tabs, and sometimes entire sheets of music, posted on
stage somewhere, whether taped to the floor, on the back of a speaker, or on
a music stand.

Just my thoughts.....discuss.

EMS