Re: Ken Russel and Levon Helms

I wanted the subject line above to read "Re: Ken Russel and Levon
Helms, together again!" but it wouldn't fit.  Oh well.

Stoo:
>Also to his credit are the films: "Gothic", "Lair Of The White Worm",

>"Altered States", "Whore" (starring his daughter) and few more. "The
Devils"
>is by far his best work, but not my fave, naturally.

I happened to notice a copy of "Lair of the White Worm" at a nearby
video rental establishment just the other day, and while I did not
see the director's name on the box I felt somehow...drawn to the film.
  I couldn't understand why, as it did not appear to be the sort of
film I would normally watch, but I would have rented it if my sister
hadn't talked me out of it.  Now I understand the reason for this
strange attraction...it was my WHODAR acting up again!
On a slightly more relevant note, didn't Ken Russel also direct the
critically acclaimed "Women in Love"?  It seems that I read that in
one of those large paperback movie guides at some point, but I'm not
totally sure.

Alan:
>Well they could have done that by hiring someone with a standard
American
>English accent.  I love The Band, I love Levon, but I was drop-jawed
at the
>incongruity of this particular choice for narrator.  Plus he kept
referring
>to "May-hair Bubba".

Not to mention "gee-tar" and "wrassled".  By the way, exactly what
part of the South is this Levon fellow from?  It must be one of the
parts I have not yet visited or lived in, as I have never before
heard anyone whose real accent sounded like that!
Oh, and if the makers of this special really wanted to demonstrate
the Who's varied audience, they should have had a woman narrate!
That would have been great!  Heck, I'd have done the job for free.

-Yellow "Magic voice" Ledbetter