touchy who fans

My comments regarding Meher Baba were not mean't to demean PT's belief in
him.  The only point I was trying to make there was that I wonder if PT would
have ever pursued that type of spiritual awakening if the "other" group had
not gone to India first.  I will concede that he probably would have.  It
wasn't the point.

Tommy and Quad were far more ambitious and complex than the stuff by the
"other " band.  I agree, again that was not my point.

I was just trying to give a ground breaking band their due.  I believe they
earned it.
They sold a lot of recordes a lot of people liked.

Yes The Who also broke a lot of ground and amps and drums.  Again that wasn't
my point.

A few days ago I was in my local pharmacy talking to the owner about the Quad
tour which we both happened to attend seperately.  A teenager (17-19) walked
in on our conversation  and immediately proclaimed in all his wisdom The Who
sucked.  And he mean't it.  My friend knew him by name, he was apparently a
good customer so they started to debate the issue.  It was obvious he knew
little about the band or their history.  He didn't care, they still sucked.

I just kind of stared in utter disbelief wondering how anybody could be so
stupid and opinionated about something of which they knew very little.  He
was so far out in left field it would have been impossible to penetrate his
skull.  ( iq less than shoe size)

So I come home checked my email and there is somebody bashing the "other "
band the same way.   Thinking this was an open forum and because everbody
here is a Who fan that would automatically make them a little more open
minded regarding muscial tastes, I tried to share some insight.  My mistake.

So the next time I will think twice before writing something that is going to
cause all these people to start spewing some very nasty stuff my way.
 Apparently they already know everything, and they are always right.
 Especially about the "other" band.  I should have known.

I now have a reason to start taking valium before I check my e-mail.

I Q larger than shoe size (but again, I concede not by much)

P.S. to quote a new friend,
                                       Long Live Rock, (even the parts we
don't like)