Re: World's Greatest Band

>Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997  Bill Lukas wrote:

>Townshend = Best songwriter (Lennon, Mcartny(what ever the fuck is name
>is) and Dylan could not sine Townshends shoes!) and a great guitarist.

 I'm sure that Dylan couldn't "sine" Townshend's shoes, whatever the fuck
that means.As for Pete being "Best Songwriter", let's not get started on
that one.You like The Who.I like The Who.We *ALL* like The Who,or else we
wouldn't be on this digest!But when you start saying that PT is a better
songwriter than people like Lennon & McCartney, then you're talking
foolishness. Better in what way? The Beatles sold far more albums and
singles than The Who or Townshend solo ever did, and McCartney in in the
book of records as the most prolific song writer in history.It would seem
that there were a lot of music fans who *didn't* think that Pete Townshend
was the best songwriter.
 Why not just say that you LIKE PT's songs the best, and YOU enjoy them more
than anyone else's. That is a far safer (and more accurate) statement.

                    Long Live Rock,

                           I.S.

                  Sacred cows make the best hamburger