Re: Real Fans

>Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 KATHLEEN L. PASQUALE wrote:
>Subject: Re: Real Fans

>I have been witness to Pete standing at the edge of the stage more
>than once screaming at all the fucker's in the front who are sitting
>to get the fuck up.  So I think that says it all.  Pete wants you
>to stand and cheer so get on your f*%king feet and scream till
>you go horse.

 When Pete starts paying *ME* to entertain him, then I'll jump and yell and
scream until he tells me to stop. But in the meantime, when I'm paying $60 a
ticket (or more) to see a band in concert, whether it be The Who or anyone
else, then my attitude is that they're being paid to entertain me, and I'm
not getting paid to entertain them. And if I feel like standing I'll stand.
If I feel like sitting I'll sit. If the music moves me to dance or
cheer,then I'll do that to. But I'll do these things because I *want* to,
not because I'm somehow expected to. I paid to be entertained by a
performance, and the performers aren't paying me to entertain them.

                    Long Live Rock,

                             I.S.

                  Sacred cows make the best hamburger