Re: Talmy

And Brian wrote:

> Here's why I think he has the tapes.  Shel was an independent producer.
> That is, he would sign bands, hire a studio (usually I.B.C., I think) and
> record the band, then use the tapes to get the band on a label with whom
> he had contacts.

OK, I was under the impression that the label had hired independent
producer Talmy to produce The Who, and Townshend wanted him (probably
due to his work with The Kinks).
However it's been a while since I've read any Who reference. The key
question here is: did The Who have a label deal before Talmy got
involved, or not?

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend