Talmy

> Talmy says he is owed money under a contract, and that The
> Who and MCA have refused to pay him. It would be just as accurate,
> therefore, to blame MCA for refusing to buy the masters from Talmy.

Brian:

That's as may be, but Talmy has also claimed that "he knows" The Who
albums sold as well as The Beatles albums. Doesn't matter who's better,
that's a completely ridiculous belief! It sounded to me like he not only
wanted what he was "due" (also a subject of debate, since he got
royalties through WN, and I disagree with the judge that he deserved
them), but a whole lot of money that was never even spent.
So my sympathies are not with Shel, no matter what MCA or the Who camp
may be doing. At worse case, Talmy could always remix them himself (as
he's also demanding) and release them...but he won't even do that.
What does he think he's going to do with them, if MCA (etc) won't deal?

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend