Re: audience demographics

JenniferD,

Some good points about the Who's major audience.  My husband and I also
noticed at the Bristow show that the folks attending were mostly
middle-aged white males, most of whom looked about ten years younger than=

the band.

I've never really understood why women weren't really attracted to the Wh=
in greater numbers, but I can take a few guesses.  They don't do too many=

love ballads, and they tend to play hard rock, which women in general don=
't
care for.  As for myself, I love "power pop"--and the Who practically
created it with singles like "Pictures of Lily", "I'm A Boy", "I Can See
For Miles", etc.

I think Pete is one of the greatest songwriters of the rock era and
definitely the finest lyricist.  When I listen to the Who or his solo
records, I'm always deeply moved by the emotions he expresses and the way=

that he and Roger put their hearts into the words.  And *no one* has
written more passionately or convincingly about the relationship between =
rock band and its audience, IMHO.

I'm glad you're writing to this list; I always love to hear from "fellow
women"! <g>

- --Carolyn
"We all get carried on a relay...."