Re: I Never Get An Answer....

Brian S Cady writes:
> > Well here's what I know.
> >
> > >3.  When is MY GENERATION going to be remastered & released?
> >
> > No time soon.  Shel Talmy still has the master tapes in his greedy little
> > fist trying to find some way to milk more money out of the band.

Carolyn replies:
> Thanks for the info.  I had a feeling it was that bastard Talmy who was
> holding up the works.  Can't they just pay him off or something?
>
> I believe there's a special section of Hell reserved for folks like Talmy
> Klein and Col. Parker. <g>

Someone on this list traded email with Talmy a couple years back, when the
remastering program was just getting started (with LAL).  He claimed that he
had no beef with the band, but rather with the record company (Polydor, I
think).  I think that there might have been a dispute over royalties, but
the main dispute was over who would have artistic control.  Talmy wanted to
remix and remaster the album and the other material (like ICE) he recorded
for the band, and Polydor wanted him to just give up the tapes for a price.

If it was just a matter of money, I'm sure it would have been resolved long
ago.

Dave Elliott